© 2023 by ESRA.

Proudly brought to you by: 

Board Meeting Minutes August 2019

Meeting: August


Date: August 13, 2019


Time: 7:30 p.m.


Location: ESRA


Chair: Don Jasper


Note taker: Kryssi Pollock


Board Members present: Don Jasper, Dan Doucet, Bill Mooney, Adam Mcconnell, Danielle Veenstra, David Sasaki, Kryssi Pollock, Blake Burnett


Community Members present: Kim Jansen, Joe Jansen, Joclyn Paulic, Tom Paulic


Regrets: Tammy Gwynne, Tracey, JoAnn Painchaud-Niemi, Tammy Johnson, Heather Stanik


• Called to order by Don Jasper at 7:41pm


• Review and approval of agenda (All in favour)


• Approval of previous meeting minutes: July 9, 2019-minutes approved, all in favour


• Director Reports:

Don Jasper, President: No report given

Dan Doucet, Vice President: No report given

Tammy Johnson/Heather Stanik, Treasurer: No report given

Adam McConnell, Hockey Director: Waiting on Lord Selkirk to give numbers of kids registered. LSMHA has not had a board meeting as of yet. Proposal to run a Novice B tournament in January 2020, with the fee for the hosting team waived. ESRA will receive all profits of tournament, and families of players will organize and run it.

Lots of dicsussion re: four year old program, what insurance coverage they are protected under and whether or not they can be on the ice with any other teams registered with Hockey MB. David Sasaki would like to run a four year old intro to hockey program and will email Kryssi the proposal (attached).

Bill Mooney, Fundraising and Grants: Car show is a no-go. They are fully scheduled and done for the year. We need to decide early if this is something we want to do over the summer 2020 (decide and schedule in mid-January). The Boot is not interested in hosting a bud/spud fundraiser. The Legion price is $13.50/person, maximum of 150 people. Saturdays are available but there is no band. Possibly could do a Burger and Beer at Home Plate. Max 100 people. Danielle will organize Swap and Shop on Saturday, September 7th at ESRA. People pay $5 for a selling table, and set their own prices.

Blake Burnett, Facilty Manager: Received board registration forms required by the province, filled out during meeting. Ice plant was started August 12, 2019. No issues with start-up. First ice time is scheduled for August 26, 2019. So far, there are a few ringette groups registered and looking like a good start to the year. Dressing rooms have been refreshed/repainted, as well as the bleachers. Boards to be resealed and floors will be washed and waxed.

Slo-pitch propsal from Carmine Germaine in the spring has begun. Five teams to play double headers Tuesdays and Thursday evenings until September 20th. $20/game, three games going at once.


New business (Action items)

-> Used equipment Swap N Shop to be set up Saturday, September 7th at ESRA from 5-8pm

-> Look into Burger and Beer at Homeplate as a fundraiser

-> Run by Brad at LSMHA the potential for a Novice B tournament at ESRA in January

-> Still waiting for response from LSMHA re: four year old hockey program

-> Kryssi unable to attend meetings on Tuesdays until December. Can move meetings to 2nd MONDAY of the month until then.

->Request some soccer guidelines from Denny


Old business:

-> Still waiting on soccer report from TJ

-> Website: Roberta from RM unreachable


Motions:

Don Jasper made a motion to authorize Dan Doucet as signing authority on Sunova account. All in favour, approved.


• Next meeting: September, 2019, 7:30 p.m., HOME PLATE


• Adjourned 9:00pm